Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches

-I ran out of buns and so this picture is just on normal bread...lame-

I love pulled pork sandwiches and I have been experimenting with them more and more each time. I think I found the winner.

(I don't have Exact measurements but these are guesstimates)

3 ish lbs Pork Roast
2 T Garlic (I like the garlic paste from a jar or fresh)
Salt
Pepper
1 cup Water
1/4 c Vinegar
1 Sweet Apple
1- 1 1/2 Bottles BBQ Sauce (depends on how big your roast is, and how saucy you want your sandwich)
1/4 head shredded Cabbage (red)
10 Rolls (I used dinner size but you could use larger buns)

Sweet Sauce - this is all to taste and look. Adjust as you will.
1 c Mayo
1/4 c Mustard
1/4 c Brown Sugar
Pepper
Chili Powder

Rub pepper salt and garlic on roast, and place in the bottom of crock pot. Pour vinegar and water around roast and add cut up apple (apple makes the pork sweet.)

Cook on high for 5 hours

Drain juices, remove apples from pot.

Take two forks to Roast and shred. Add BBQ - I like lots of sauce so add to your liking.

Stir all ingredients for sweet sauce and stir till smooth.

Shred cabbage. (you are supposed to mix the cabbage and the sweet sauce together like a slaw, but I like to keep them separate)

Assemble sandwich!



No comments:

Post a Comment